We are registered with PCP, EAD, SAFRON

learn more Make Donation

Empowerment of the particular groups and/or individual reveals from their/his/her assertion to the rights and resources for which they are entitled. But practical experience exhibits that such empowered people get struck to demonstrate their assertion in those cases where legal complexity gets involved. Ordinary people either do not know the legal procedures and relevant institutions or lack the access to resources for legal services, as it is very costly in the country to acquire justice from the court.

According to some estimates 90% of the total populace is unaware of the legal procedure. The remaining 10% has relevant works with the legal procedure or has come to know after suffering. 95 percent of the cases are pertaining to complaints/appeals. Another important problem is the remoteness of the courts that create impediment for the people to appear in the hearings.

SEHER ensures the legal support to such needy people in accessing to relevant institutions through its legal empowerment program. The program provides free legal aid, legal advice and legal education to the masses in Balochistan in general, while to poor, vulnerable, socially excluded and marginalized segments of society in particular. The beneficiaries of legal aid include minorities, women, children, adolescent, foreign act prisoners, trafficked children and women and children involved in commercial sex trade.